Auckland Theatre Youth Company FAQs @styleClass>
What is the time commitment?
- Company Hui are compulsory sessions every second Tuesday in term time, from 6:00-9:30pm.
- Training Blocks run on Thursday and Sunday across term time, and full-time during school holidays.
- Production Blocks run in September 2022 into the October school holidays, and full-time during January 2023.
The hours will vary week to week based on training requirements, for example, some weeks will involve workshops whereas other weeks will consist of intensive rehearsals.
DOWNLOAD FULL SCHEDULE
How do I get into the Company?
Register for an Open Day Audition. At the audition, you will:
- Participate in fun activities, games and exercises
- Meet the company leaders
- Hear all about the Company & ask any questions
- Talk about what excites you in theatre
- Fill out an Auckland Theatre Youth Company application form
I am under 18. Can my parent or a guardian attend Open Day with me?
Parents or guardians are welcome to drop you off at Open Day and can meet the co-leaders before the session. They cannot stay for the Open Day.
How do you choose who gets into the Company
The Auckland Theatre Youth Company will be selected by the Youth Company leaders. We are looking for a Company who represents the diversity of Auckland’s Youth.
We celebrate individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexuality or disability. We do not accept bullying or harassment of any kind.
What happens if I don’t get into the Company?
- If you don’t get a recall this time, you’ll be invited to join our Youth Company Associate Group. As a member of the group, you will be invited to masterclasses, workshops and Auckland Theatre Company Youth Night performances throughout the year.
- Many of our Company members audition several times before gaining a place, so it’s important to not give up and participate in the masterclasses.
There are a few dates listed in the schedule that I cannot attend. Am I still eligible?
This will vary case-to-case based on the amount of unavailability. You can give an indication of the date(s) you are unable to attend to the Company leaders when you meet them at Open Day Auditions.
I have access needs. Who should I contact?
Please email Company Co-Leader and Participation Coordinator, Sam Phillips, with you access needs [email protected].
What are the benefits of being in the Auckland Theatre Youth Company?
- Attend an annual programme of Company Hui, Training and Masterclasses at Auckland Theatre Company and across Auckland.
- Participate in two professional theatre productions.
- Get two free tickets to all Auckland Theatre Company productions in the 2022 season.
- Get the opportunity to meet with theatre professionals and find out about the inner workings of Auckland Theatre Company.
- Explore your creative future.
Do I need to be vaccinated to participate?
To help keep our company safe, we will be asking for proof of vaccination as part of the audition process.
How much does it cost to be part of Auckland Theatre Youth Company?
- It is free. There are no training fees or costs
- If travel costs will be a barrier please contact Participation Coordinator, Sam Phillips, at [email protected].