Auckland Theatre Youth Company @styleClass>
Auckland Theatre Youth Company is our resident company for artists aged 16-25.
Offering fortnightly workshops, exclusive access to masterclasses, production opportunities and free tickets to each Auckland Theatre Company production in 2022; our Youth Company is a part-time training and performance program running from May 2022 to January 2023. Sessions run outside school hours and during the holidays.
Our Youth Company is for actors, directors, designers, writers & theatre artists looking for in-depth, pre-professional training and practical opportunities. Company members will develop, create and grow at the heart of Auckland Theatre Company.
What do the Youth Company members have access to?
- Fortnightly Company Hui, regular meetups at Auckland Theatre Company.
- Training blocks, ranging from acting and performance skills to writing, design, and technical theatre training run throughout the term and during selected holidays.
- Masterclasses with lead artists from Auckland Theatre Company productions.
- Tickets to each Auckland Theatre Company production in 2022.
- The opportunity to work with experienced artists and be involved in the creation and performance of world premiere theatre presented to the public.
When does the company meet?
- Company Hui are compulsory sessions every second Tuesday in term time, from 6:00-9:30pm.
- Training Blocks run on Thursday and Sunday across term time, and full-time during school holidays.
- Production Blocks run in September 2022 into the October school holidays, and full-time during January 2023.
How do I get involved?
Auditions for the 2022 Youth Company are now closed. To find out about the next Open Day Audition, contact ATC Participation Coordinator, Sam at [email protected].
Join the company by coming along to an Open Day Audition. At the audition, you will:
- Participate in fun activities, games and exercises
- Meet the company leaders
- Hear all about the Company and ask any questions
- Talk about what excites you in theatre
- Fill out a Youth Company application form
Introducing our Youth Company Co-Leaders
Our Youth Company program is led by four exciting artists; Gabrielle Solomona, Keagan Carr Fransch, Matthew Kereama (Ngāti Raukawa), and Sam Phillips.
Time commitments, benefits, and other frequently asked questions.
Our Youth Company is proudly made possible by the generous Auckland Theatre Youth Company Supporters Group.
The BreakOut Project
A series of five weekly digital workshops for young creatives aged 16-25 exploring acting and theatre skills.Find Out More
Pay What You Wish
Our doors are thrown open on Pay What You Wish night. Everyone is welcome.Find Out More
Digital Classroom, in-school workshops, touring performances and school matinees.Find Out More